PaperShell aims to make components that are more environmentally friendly than press moulded veneer, weather resistant as plastic and strong as fiber composites. First out is a highly sustainable load bearing material solution that resembles an artificially engineered and exclusive wood.
Our components are made by press moulding, or inflation bladder moulding, to create 3D surfaces that are hard and load bearing for indoor and outdoor products. A natural fiber composite solution to replace press moulded veneer, plastic details, fiber composites or even press moulded metal. Our solution is based on industry 4.0 production with advantages that enables a highly automated and flexible production.
• PaperShell is a natural fiber composite but with the uniqueness of being hydrophobic, UV, weather and fire resistant.
• The innovation is based on the same constituents as wood.
• It can achieve many of the same designs and shapes that plastics and press moulded metal sheets can.
• It behaves like a composite, being stronger than plastics and press moulded veneer which enables weight reduction as well as less need for material. PaperShell can therefore replace wood, plastics, fiber composites and in some cases metal sheets in a number of applications in different markets.
• As the amount of fossil based carbon is 0,00% and the Production process highly automated and energy efficient, every 1 kg of fossil based plastics replaced with our material in eg. a chair, will avoid 7,5 kg of fossil based CO2 being released into the atmosphere end of life. For Glasfiber composite it’s 39,2 kg.
• It is much more fire resistant than wood and plastics avoiding the need for hazardous flame retardants.
• End of life it is recycled in the same fraction as wood in any recycling plant worldwide.